Course Title: EMAC: Just in Time Training for Deploying Personnel
EMAC: Just in Time Training for Deploying Personnel is built upon lessons learned from EMAC deployments and is intended to be taken by response and recovery personnel prior to deployment on an EMAC mission. The course provides an overview of the EMAC Process, EMAC law, EMAC operational support structure as well as actions that should be taken during the Response Phase (to include Mobilization, Deployment, Demobilization), and the Reimbursement Phase.
Resource Providers and Deploying Personnel: Response and recovery resources that may potentially deploy through EMAC.
Successful Course Completion Critreia:
Learners must complete all course modules, learning checks, and pass the assessment with a minimum score of 70% to successfully complete the course, receive CEUs, and a certificate of completion.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe what EMAC is & how it works
- Describe EMAC's membership & what it does
- Summarize the legal framework under which resources are sent or received, the legal protections provided through the Compact, the basis for reimbursement through EMAC, and why EMAC is implemented through the State Emergency Management Agencies
- Recongize the national structure that is there to support you during your mission
- Identify what expenses are eligible for reimbursment and how they must be documented
- Identify reimbursement responsibilities and apply them to the submission of your reimbursement documentation
- Apply how to track your reimbursement within the EMAC reimbursement process
Teaching Methodology: Blended approach incorporating visual, auditory, and kinesthetic activities.
Assessment: The assessment consists of 20 questions.
Amount of Contact Time (in hours) needed to effectively complete this course: This course is expected to take the average learner 1.5 - 2 hours to complete.
Number of CEUs to be offered: 0.3